“I have nothing to offer anyone except my own confusion” – Jack Kerouac.
Ciao, I’m @bloodytourist and I’ve decided to start re-start this old travel blog I used to spend some time writing. As well as just writing about travel, I’m going to offer some thoughts on life, education, politics, sport, music and everything else that pops into this head of mine. Sometimes when I think about things too much I just want to write about them. You can read about the bits that interest you. I’m a 20-something year old global citizen, originally hailing from Essex, England. I’ve spent the last few years living in Leicester, via Adelaide, Australia. I try and leave the country every month. I find that if I spend any longer than that in one place I start to go crazy. I have real itchy feet. I always travel on a budget. I’m a self-financing student after all. Because of my need to travel I never have much money, but I don’t care. I’ve got the priorities I need.
I’ve also been lucky enough to have write a few guest posts for other blogs. I wouldn’t write for any old shit (unless I was being paid – which I never am), so make sure you check out the sites themselves. i-studentlife - A global community for students to share their tips and stories of their study abroad experiences to try and inspire others to do the same. Penniless Traveller – A blog dedicated to things that are free or very cheap to do and therefore it is one of my favourite websites to visit.
Want to know more? Here are some un-fun facts.
1. I’m British and I don’t like Tea. Or any hot drink for that matter. They all taste horrible.
2. My favourite country so far is New Zealand.
3. I can only speak English. I want to learn Spanish.
4. I’ve lived and studied in Australia for a year.
5. I eat too many sweets and hate dentists. It’s why I have shit teeth.
6. I once drove 10,000km’s through the desert in under a month. And I only crashed once.
7. I prefer the country to the city.
8. I enjoy rock-climbing. I once mountain-biked with a 6 time paralympic gold medallist.
9. My favourite music is ska, punk and reggae.
10. I don’t fear flying, but I don’t like it. It’s really, really boring.
11. I once pretended I was the lead singer of a band to get free drinks. It worked…